Welcome to Pam’s Pantry.
- 2 bags frozen cauliflower (I’m using frozen today for ease, but fresh is recommended too. You’ll
- to break up head into small individual pieces.)
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 6 oz bag shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 oz Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Run cool water over contents of each bag separately 1st. Separate the pieces and slightly thaw
- Prepare large casserole dish with coconut oil spray, or coat well with coconut oil. (You can use butter, but there’s butter in the layers, and I wanted a variety of flavors)
- Layer 1/2 1 bag’s contents of cauliflower in bottom of dish.
- Sprinkle Salt, Pepper, Coriander, Nutmeg, and Paprika
- Then layer with bits of onion
- Place thinly sliced “pats” of butter on top, and
- Spread 1/2 of cheddar cheese
- RepeatPour cream over top, and place dish in oven (If dish is very full, put a cookie sheet under it to prevent bubble-over in oven)
Bake 45 – 60 minutes or until bubbling
Optional Additions: Sprinkle with thin topping of Parmesan, Almond Meal, or pre-cooked crumbled bacon in the last few minutes!
Makes 10 Servings. 3 net grams of carbohydrate per serving.
Fat : 39.9g
Protein : 16.9g
Carbs : 3.1g